NCAA Bracket Competition
With the cancellation of the NCAA tournament due to COVID-19, the challenge is taking a hiatus this year. Thank you to those who have already donated!
If you wish to make a contribution regardless, visit CASA NC's website.
Can you outsmart your professors? Want to support a great cause?
Duke Economics' annual NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament bracket competition is back! Put your prediction skills to the test as you determine which college men's basketball teams will make it to the NCAA Championship. See if you can outplay your fellow economics majors, old classmates — even the department chair! By joining our contest, you'll also help support this year's charity, CASA NC, as chosen by last year's Marchinal Madness winner, Kevin Roberts.
CASA NC is nonprofit that provides affordable housing for the homeless and those at-risk of becoming homeless in Durham and throughout the Triangle. Their mission is, "To provide access to stable, affordable housing for people who are homeless or at risk by developing and managing rental communities." Kevin chose this charity specifically because "Durham is currently experiencing an affordable housing crisis, the best example of which being the hundreds of residents at Mcdougald Terrace that have been and continue to be displaced from their homes due to unsafe living conditions."
Participate and You Will:
- Win bragging rights;
- Claim a trophy as your own for the next year;
- Experience warm fuzzies by knowing you donated to a wonderful cause; and,
- Select the charity to support next year!
|This contest is open to everyone. Sign up by 4:30 p.m. Mon., March 16.|
How to Play (4 Easy Steps)
- Donate online via CASA NC's website (see below for suggested minimum amounts).
- Forward your donation receipt to Elizabeth Richardson via email. Elizabeth will send instructions to log in to the Duke Economics group on ESPN.
- Log in on ESPN after the teams are announced on "Selection Sunday" (March 15) to enter your picks.
- Optional: Cheer for Duke!
- Suggested minimum: $10 for students and staff, $20 for all other individuals.
- Additional donations are welcome (whether you want to fill out a bracket or not).