|DFE Teaching Director Emma Rasiel
329H Social Sciences
|Tuesday||2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
No appointment necessary. If you are unavailable at these times, please email for an alternative time.
|DFE Executive Director John Caccavale
329G Social Sciences
|No office hours Spring 2017.|
Internships & Jobs
- List of Top 200 Investment Firms
- List of 200 Proprietary Firms
- List of Asset Management Firms
- List of Boutique Investment Banks in New York (includes links to lists in other major cities)
- How to Convert Your Internship to a Full-Time Offer
- Excel Review Materials
- Basic Excel Shortcuts
- Excel Modeling Shortcuts
- How to Dress Like a Leader in Any Work Environment (Business Insider)
- Investment Banking Roles Demystified
- Preparing for Finance Interviews
- Sample Interview Questions
- Pros & Cons of:
- Create a Stock Pitch
- Practice Corporate Valuation (includes worksheet and guidelines)
- Finance Interview Training (Street of Walls)
- Hardest Job Interview Questions (CNBC)
- Wall Street Journal Reading Guide
- Finance Reading List
- Industry News Websites
- Deal & Industry Information Websites
- Street Insider provides a useful overview of M&A deals, ratings (credit and equity), IPOs, etc.
- Standard & Poor's Net Advantage (via Fuqua's Ford Library) is a comprehensive database of financial information, covering corporate research, competitive analysis, investment information, and industry analysis.
- General Career Advice
- Duke Career Center
The DFE, in conjunction with Perkins Library, sponsors four Bloomberg terminals on West Campus. One terminal is located on the third floor of the Social Sciences Building, and three others can be found in The Edge (level 1 of Bostock).
The terminals are available to everyone at Duke for both curricular and extracurricular financial market research and analysis. Faculty in the Department of Economics use the terminals in classes.
Bloomberg Terminal Assistance
To create a log in, you need a Duke NetID and a cell phone. There is a Bloomberg cheat sheet attached to each terminal to walk you through the process.
Bloomberg offers several online Bloomberg Essential Training courses to provide documentation that you have gained comprehensive knowledge of the Bloomberg Professional service. This requires successful completion of four core courses plus one market sector, found under the BESS command. Complete these at your own pace, but you only have two chances to pass the test.
Bloomberg for Education
Bloomberg is eager to connect with student groups and provide specific training sessions. Please contact John Caccavale if you are interested in setting up an event.
The DFE works with and advises a number of student clubs, including:
- Duke Investment Club, an investment group run entirely by students, which manages a $50,000 portfolio.
- Duke Business Society, which arranges programs for undergraduates interested in business, with a social entrepreneurship component. In 2009, the Financial Education Partnership (formerly a wing of DFE) instituted an annual award for the Duke Business Society student who demonstrates the strongest commitment to community outreach in Durham.
- Business Oriented Women (BOW), a student club that promotes education, experience, and exchange between students and business professionals.
- Delta Sigma Pi, an international co-ed professional business fraternity that promotes and fosters a wide variety of business interests including finance, consulting, marketing, tech, and entrepreneurship.
- Scale and Coin, which hosts professional development events as well as social activities. With over 50 current members and 114 alumni, it is a community built upon the core values of leadership, knowledge, and service, motivating students to teach and learn from each other.
- Fuqua2Duke, through which Fuqua MBA students provide mentoring and develop programs to assist undergraduates with career choices.