Dzialga Women in Finance Initiative
In 2018, the Duke Financial Economics Center (DFE) launched the Women in Finance Initiative, made possible by the Kirsten Alexander Dzialga ’93 Fund. The goal of this initiative is to empower women interested in careers in the financial markets with mentoring, skills training, faculty advising, and networking opportunities. Dzialga Fellows are engaged in activities throughout their sophomore year that help them learn more about careers in finance and prepare for summer internships.
Dzialga Fellows have access to:
- An individual mentor, a Duke alumna currently working on Wall Street, who provides ongoing guidance;
- Group networking events with experienced Wall Street women;
- Advising from DFE faculty;
- Skills training in a range of areas, from Excel to leadership and communication;
- The opportunity to grow individual strengths within a supportive cohort of women; and,
- Continued support to explore alternative careers if participants decide at any point that finance is not the right field for them.
Application Process – Spring 2019
First-year women may now apply to take part in the initiative as sophomores. The process is as follows:
- Register as a candidate by Thursday, February 21.
- Attend the info session on February 21, 7-8 PM, East Duke Building 204D. Attendance is encouraged but not mandatory.
- All candidates are required to create a stock pitch presentation on a U.S. company of their choice. On Friday, February 22, registered candidates will receive instructions to guide them in creating their stock pitches.
- Wednesday, March 6: Stock pitches are due. Please deliver two color copies to Tamara Burns in Soc Sci 322.
- Tuesday, March 19: Candidates will be informed if they have been selected to present their stock pitches.
- Friday, March 29: Selected candidates will give their presentations to the Dzialga Initiative directors.
- Tuesday, April 2: Presenters are notified if they have been selected for the initiative.