Dzialga Women in Finance Initiative
In Fall 2018, the Duke Financial Economics Center (DFE) launched the Women in Finance Initiative, made possible by the Kirsten Alexander Dzialga ’93 Fund. The goal of this initiative is to empower women interested in careers in the financial markets with mentoring, skills training, faculty advising, and networking opportunities. Intended for sophomore women, participants are engaged in activities throughout the 2018-2019 academic year that help them learn more about careers in finance and prepare for summer internships.
The women selected to participate have access to:
- An individual mentor, a Duke alumna currently working on Wall Street, who provide ongoing guidance;
- Group networking events with experienced Wall Street women;
- Advising from DFE faculty;
- Skills training in a range of areas, from Excel to leadership and communication;
- The opportunity to grow individual strengths within a supportive cohort of women; and,
- Continued support to explore alternative careers if participants decide at any point that finance is not the right field for them.
If you are a first-year woman interested in participating in this initiative as a sophomore in 2019-2020, please sign up for the DFE Email List to receive application information in spring 2019.