Dzialga Women in Finance Initiative
In 2018, the Duke Financial Economics Center (DFE) launched the Women in Finance Initiative, made possible by the Kirsten Alexander Dzialga ’93 Fund. The goal of this initiative is to empower women interested in careers in the financial markets with mentoring, skills training, faculty advising, and networking opportunities. Dzialga Fellows are engaged in activities throughout their sophomore year that help them learn more about careers in finance and prepare for summer internships.
Dzialga Fellows have access to:
- An individual mentor, a Duke alumna currently working on Wall Street, who provides ongoing guidance;
- Group networking events with experienced Wall Street women;
- Advising from DFE faculty;
- Skills training in a range of areas, from Excel to leadership and communication;
- The opportunity to grow individual strengths within a supportive cohort of women; and,
- Continued support to explore alternative careers if participants decide at any point that finance is not the right field for them.
Spring 2020 Application
All first-year women are invited to apply for the Dzialga Women in Finance Initiative starting at 8 am on Tuesday, January 28. Applicants must include a stock pitch presentation with their application. Detailed instructions for creating a stock pitch are included on the application form. Below are key dates in the application process:
- Thursday, February 13: We will hold an information session for all interested candidates. Sophomore and junior Dzialga fellows will be in attendance to talk about their experiences with the Initiative. It will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. Location is TBD (watch this space).
- Wednesday, March 4 at 12 pm: FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Thursday, March 19: Applicants will be notified whether they have been selected to present their stock pitches to the initiative's directors.
- Thursday, April 2: Finalists will present their pitches.
- Monday, April 6: Finalists will be notified whether they have been selected to be Dzialga Fellows.
Current Dzialga Fellows
Victoria Bevard '21
Karen Chen '22
Kimberly DelSignore '21
Sophie Elliott '21
Courtney Frauen '21
Anna Jiang '22
JJ Jiang '22
Amanda Kang '22
Phoebe Klett '21
Rachel Ma '22
Sneha Mehrotra '21
Samaya Pattim '22
Erica Wang '21
Xin Wang '21
Cindy Wang '21
Gracy Whitaker '22
Rebecca Williamson '22
Devon Wolfe '22
Vivian Yuan '21
Sarah Zhao '22