The American Journal of Health Economics (AJHE) is the first U.S.-based health economics journal. Frank Sloan is the AJHE's founding editor and current editor-in-chief. The AJHE is owned by the American Society of Health Economists and housed in the Department of Economics at Duke University.
The History of Political Economy (HOPE) journal is considered the premier journal of the history of economics. HOPE is edited by Kevin D. Hoover, with the assistance of the faculty of the Duke HOPE group and Managing Editor Claude Misukiewicz. More information and submission details can be found at the HOPE page of the Duke University Press website.
The Duke Journal of Economics, formerly the Undergraduate Economics Journal, was founded in 1988 and is published annually. It collects some of the best papers written by Duke undergraduates over the preceding academic year.
Duke Economics faculty members serve on 26 editorial boards and hold 49 editorships across 59 academic journals and two book series. They represent some of the best journals in the discipline, including:
- American Economic Journal: Applied Economics
- American Economic Journal: Economic Policy
- American Economic Review
- Journal of Economic Perspectives
- Journal of Economic Theory
- Journal of Financial Econometrics
- RAND Journal of Economics
- Review of Economic Studies
- Review of Economics and Statistics