- Office hours with John Caccavale and Emma Rasiel
- Emma (drop-in): Monday and Thursday, 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- John: book via youcanbookme, Monday 12 PM - 2 PM, Wednesday 2 PM - 4 PM, Friday 11 AM - 1 PM
Internships and Jobs
- Summer 2019 internship recruiting: This document contains general information on financial firms’ application opening dates, interview formats, and super day timelines.
- Sample Interview Questions
- Typical Questions from Hirevue Interviews
- Virtual Interviewing Practice via CareerBeam
- Common Finance Interview Questions (Wall Street Prep)
- Corporate Valuation
- Developing a Branding Pitch
- Creating a Stock Pitch
- Finance Interview Training (Street of Walls)
- Wall Street Journal Reading Guide
- Finance Reading List
- Industry News Websites
- Deal & Industry Information Websites
- Street Insider provides a useful overview of M&A deals, ratings (credit and equity), IPOs, etc.
- Standard & Poor's Net Advantage (via Fuqua's Ford Library) is a comprehensive database of financial information, covering corporate research, competitive analysis, investment information, and industry analysis.
- General Career Advice
- Duke Career Center
The DFE, in conjunction with Perkins Library, sponsors four Bloomberg terminals on West Campus. One terminal is located on the third floor of the Social Sciences Building, and three others can be found in The Edge (level 1 of Bostock). They are available to everyone at Duke for both curricular and extracurricular financial market research and analysis. To create a log in, you need a Duke NetID and a cell phone. A Bloomberg cheat sheet is attached to each terminal to walk you through the process.
Bloomberg offers several online Bloomberg Essential Training courses to provide documentation that you have gained comprehensive knowledge of the Bloomberg Professional service. This requires successful completion of four core courses plus one market sector, found under the BESS command. Complete these at your own pace, but you only have two chances to pass the test.
Bloomberg is eager to connect with student groups and provide specific training sessions. Please contact John Caccavale if you are interested in setting up an event.