For advising information, including faculty office hours, please see the Eichel Finance Advising Network.
Internships and Jobs
- First-years: Learn about summer finance internship recruiting and Econ 256 Practical Financial Markets.
- Duke Career Center Resources:
- Visit DFE's Recruiting FAQ page for answers to questions like, "I have already accepted an offer, but now a better one has come along; can I change?"
Excel Review Materials
Basic Excel Shortcuts
How to Dress Like a Leader in Any Work Environment (Business Insider)
Dressing Professionally for the Workplace (Learnhowtobecome.org)
Finance Recruiting FAQs
Industry News Websites
Deal & Industry Information Websites
- Street Insider provides a useful overview of M&A deals, ratings (credit and equity), IPOs, etc.
- Standard & Poor's Net Advantage via Fuqua's Ford Library (Duke VPN required) is a comprehensive database of financial information, covering corporate research, competitive analysis, investment information, and industry analysis.
- The DFE, in conjunction with Perkins Library, sponsors four Bloomberg terminals on West Campus. One terminal is located on the third floor of the Social Sciences Building, and three others can be found in The Edge (level 1 of Bostock). They are available to everyone at Duke for both curricular and extracurricular financial market research and analysis. To create a log in, you need a Duke NetID and a cell phone. A Bloomberg cheat sheet is attached to each terminal to walk you through the process.
- Bloomberg offers several online Bloomberg Essential Training courses to provide documentation that you have gained comprehensive knowledge of the Bloomberg Professional service. This requires successful completion of four core courses plus one market sector, found under the BESS command. Complete these at your own pace, but you only have two chances to pass the test.
The student groups below, many of whom partner with DFE, offer a wide range of opportunities for students to learn about finance and business.
- Black in Business
- Business Oriented Women (BOW)
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Duke Actuarial Society
- Duke Business Society
- Duke Consulting Club
- Duke Economics Student Union
- Duke Impact Investing Group (DIIG)
- Duke Investment Club
- Duke Real Estate Club (DREC)
- Duke Restructuring Group
- Kappa Alpha Psi
- Latinx Business Organization
- Scale and Coin