Diversity and Inclusion
One of the DFE's goals is to increase opportunities for all undergraduates to learn more about the financial markets, regardless of gender identity, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, and academic major. Additionally, Wall Street is eager to attract diverse recruits, as women, African Americans, and Latinas/os/xs are significantly underrepresented among finance professionals. The DFE offers a number of events that help students of diverse backgrounds prepare for the finance arena:
- The DFE partners each year with Kappa Alpha Psi, an African-American fraternity, to host their annual Minorities on Wall Street panel event. This event typically attracts attendance of more than 60 students, with representatives from several investment banks.
- The DFE hosts the Diversity Reading Group in the spring semester, the goal of which is to bring together a diverse group of students, help them explore their interest in the markets, and provide them with some foundational knowledge through informal conversation. All students are welcome, regardless of major, class year, or experience level with finance.
To learn more about these events and receive information about recruiting firms' diversity and inclusion programs, join the DFE Diversity Email List.
Diversity and Inclusion Opportunities in Finance
- Morgan Stanley Early Insights Program
- Deutsche Bank dbAchieve Internship
- Goldman Sachs Diversity Programs
- Barclays Diversity Programs
- JP Morgan Launching Leaders Program
- Credit Suisse Americas Diversity and Inclusion Programs
- RBC Pathways Diversity Scholarship Program
- Wells Fargo Early Talent: Sophomore Leaders Conference